Friday, August 19, 2011

I wrote a blog post earlier that I never posted (you can thank me for that later - it was very whiny and depressing) but it got me thinking about what my purpose for this blog is, and where I want to go with it.

I came up with two things. First, I want a place where I can just talk about what's been going on in my life - how I've been feeling. The good, the bad, and everything in between. The more personal stuff that I never bring myself to actually talk about with my friends, because I keep building up walls between myself and the people I need most (but that's a whole other blog post for later).

Another thing I hope to do with this blog is promote music that I love, and that I hope you'll love too. Music is something that's always been big in my life (except for that period of time when I refused to listen to even the radio - again, another post for later). I'm friends with many, many musicians - some famous, others not. I play the guitar daily, and I sing (badly) all day long, every day. Some of my earliest memories are of listening to my dad play his guitar every morning before school.

I don't want to go on too much tonight, but I did want to get this down. I also want to leave you readers with two things to check out until next time.

First - Dave Magario. If you know me, you've heard of him. Brilliant musician and wonderful friend from Massachusetts. His main website is here and you can also check out some videos of his music here.

Second - Amanda McKenzie Photography. Amanda is a really good friend of mine, and she's also an amazing photographer. Just look for yourself on her facebook and on Flickr..

Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment